Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Introduction

My name is Laura. I am married to a wonderful man and have been for 6 mostly blissful years. We are also members of  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, otherwise known as LDS or Mormons. I started this blog to share my thoughts, insights and beliefs.

I used to just share this only personal family blog but felt impressed by the Lord to further the effort of bringing the Church out of absurdity and sharing my testimony of the Gospel.  This call came as I was reading on We Talk of Christ, We Rejoice in Christ her Book of Mormon Forum. I was thinking of  posting on my personal blog. 

So my history I grew up knowing the simple teachings of the Gospel. Both of my parents were baptized members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in their youth but due to various reasons they did not attend regularly, our attendance was about once every three years and maybe we would do Christmas as well. When I was 11 we had just moved so we attended our new ward (the boundaries drawn up to determine when we go to church and what building). I remember a great feeling of peace enveloping me, this stayed with me for sometime. I than told my parents I would like to be baptized. So we had the missionaries come teach me and my brother and work with my dad to be able to baptize me  I still remember these young men's faces and names and will forever be grateful for them. So just a few weeks after my 12th birthday I was baptized as a member of The Church of Jesus  Christ of Latter-Day  Saints by my dad along with my younger brother.  I stayed faithful to the Gospel and 6 years ago was able to be sealed for time and all eternity to my best friend and husband. We have not been blessed with children of our own yet but have been blessed to be a part of our nieces and nephews life's and countless of our friends children and most recently have started foster parenting.

So I am a mom on a mission to bring those children whose life I have influence in to come to a knowledge of the Savior and the strength He has given me.  I look forward to helping this work along, to sharing my testimony and bringing us all closer to the Savior. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment