Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My testimony in Responce to Robert Jeffress

I am a Member of the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-Day Saints. I saw this interview with Anderson Cooper and Robert Jeffress.


I had so many thoughts and feeling come through while watching this. I pray that the Spirit will guide my words and allow all who read to feel the Spirit and know the truth of what I say.


I know that this church is the true church of Jesus Christ. Yes  I believe Joseph Smith was the  one who received the gospel from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, but we are FOUNDED on the SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST. This is truly prophesied about throughout the scriptures but in Revelation 14:6 it reads:

 "And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, have the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation and kindred, and tounge, and people."

As Jeffress said We do believe that the Bible is the Word of God but we also believe that the Book of Mormon is the word of God as well. The Lord has seen fit to give us more than one witness.


I know that our teachings, doctrines, practices and lives are based on "historical Christianity". How do I know this because


1. We/I have a prophet and apostles upon the earth today, just as Christ did.
Matthew 10:1 "And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease."

2. We/I go and do good works, just as Christ did
Acts 10:38 "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost, and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him."

3. We/I are baptized by immersion, just as Christ was.


4.  We/I believe that through the Atonement of Christ all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel (Articles of Faith 3)


I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church. I know that Joseph Smith restored the gospel to the earth through Christ. I know that Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon to provide a second testimony of Christ. I know that I am a CHRISTIAN, because I follow my SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST and love ALL as he would have me love them.


I believe we are living in the time and are witnessing what the angel told Nephi of in 1 Nephi 14:7

" For the time cometh, saith the Lamb of God, that I will work a great and a marvelous work among the children of men; a work which shall be everlasting, either on the one hand or on the other- either to the convincing of them unto peace and life eternal, or unto the deliverance of them to the hardness of their hearts and the blindness of the minds unto their being brought down into captivity, and also into destruction both temporally  and spiritually, according to the captivity of the devil, of which I have spoken."

I believe that the spirit was with Anderson Cooper during this interview and that he was able to ask and say the right things. I thank him for having the courage to stand up for us members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

If you would like to learn more please go to mormon.org or you can comment with your questions or send me a message.

3 comments:

  1. I don't even need to watch that clip...what matters to us is OUR relationship with Jesus Christ...no matter what others claim about us. We believe in and do it all for our Savior, Jesus Christ.Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that interview just an hour ago. It seriously made me laugh! Good responses!

    ReplyDelete